Your To-Do List for Hosting the Perfect Bridal Shower
A bridal shower is a delightful affair, a special occasion for family and friends to celebrate the bride-to-be. If you’re hosting the get-together, a little planning and organization will have you throwing the perfect bridal shower.
Details, details, details!
- Make a guest list. The head count will impact your budget and choice of venue. You should request the wedding guest list and addresses from the bride or mother of the bride: etiquette dictates that anyone on the shower guest list must also be invited to the wedding. Will the party be girls-only or a couples shower?
- Choose a date. Most bridal showers are held 1-2 months prior to the wedding date.
- Set a budget. Confer with any others who are sharing expenses; no one should be surprised by the final bill!
- Choose your venue and menu. Will you be hosting at home or at a favorite restaurant? Be sure that your location can comfortably seat the number of guests. Will you be hiring a caterer for all or part of your menu? Don’t forget a sweet decorated cake or cupcakes.
Now the fun part:
- Pick a theme. Opt for a traditional kitchen shower, or a lingerie shower the bride will adore. Looking for something different? How about a wine tasting, a shabby chic tea party, or an elegant “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” theme? Choose decorations and invitation that reflect the theme.
- Assess your needs for tables, chairs and linens. Will you need additional glassware or buffetware?
- Plan some fun activities for your guests. The internet is an endless source of ideas for games that will get your guests mingling.
- Thank your guests with a small favor. Popular options: scented soaps, tiny boxes of chocolates, or pretty decorated sugar cookies.
- Mail your invitations six to eight weeks prior to your date. Note the couple’s bridal registries.
When you’re ready to begin planning, we’re here to help with everything from teaspoons to tents. Contact us!