Health fairs are an excellent way to show employees that you care while providing them with valuable information they can use in their everyday lives. And the best news is, with the right group of people, planning and executing a fun and informative event is a breeze.
Here are 3 easy steps to help you get started today:
1. Assemble Your Team
Pulling together a team of committed employees eager to plan a well-attended event that will enrich the lives of their coworkers is a great first step. Once assembled, your team should split off into sub-committees, focused on certain aspects of the event. Sharing a predetermined budget and date with your planning committee will ensure that you set out on the right foot. Some great sub-committees to form include:
- Vendor management – To determine the type of vendors you’d like at your event, secure them, and ensure that they are up-to-date on event information.
- Logistics – To finalize event details such as location, table arrangements, power sources, and all rentals.
- Volunteer management – This team will identify and anticipate the needs of event attendees and ensure that an adequate number of volunteers are scheduled for all areas requiring assistance.
- Event Communications – This team will ensure that your employees are both aware of the event and excited to attend. They should ensure that emails go out and postings are shared around the office.
2. Plan A Great Event
With the help of your committee, an overall theme and event strategy should easily come together. With that plan in place, subcommittees should begin to:
- Contact vendors in the area that fit well within the chosen event theme.
- Reach out to an event rental company to secure all items necessary to put on a seamless event.
- Identify the number of volunteers needed to support the set-up, management, and tear-down of the event.
- Ensure that employees are well informed and excited about the upcoming opportunity and give them ample time to make necessary arrangement to be there.
3. Put On A Great Event And Seek Feedback
If this is your company’s first time planning a health fair, you’ll want to be sure to get feedback from attendees to help guide decisions made for future events. The day of the event your committee should be ready to:
- Create a welcoming environment for both vendors and attendees to facilitate interaction and learning.
- Follow the event schedule, ensuring that speakers are prepared and in the right location.
- Share correct information with those seeking assistance.
- Enjoy the event and feel appreciated for all the hard work they put into a successful event.
By allowing yourself plenty of time for planning and forming a great committee, your event should go off without a hitch. A V Party Rentals is ready to help you get started. Contact us today!