The Office Party: Catering vs. Cooking
Time to plan the office holiday gathering. It’s a chance to relax and celebrate the season with your co-workers. Your first decision: catering or cooking for your office party? Consider the strategy that works best for you and your colleagues:
A Catered Affair:
- It’s the merriest–and busiest–time of year. Give your co-workers the gift of an invitation that requires them to simply show up and have fun!
- Whether you are feeding an intimate group or a sizable crowd, it’s all about the details. An experienced caterer has the know-how and resources to pull it all together.
- Let someone else do the serving and cleanup while you enjoy good food and good times.
- Splurging for a catered event adds a special style to your celebration.
- Impress the office foodies! A caterer can provide Instagram-worthy arrays of trendy cuisine.
A Home-Cooked Feast:
- There’s nothing like homemade goodies! The office chefs will love a chance to show-off their skills. Let the non-cooks bring the beverages or paper goods.
- Organizing the office party is a true exercise in teamwork. Build real camaraderie by sharing favorite holiday recipes and memories.
- Variety is the spice of life! If you opt for a potluck, provide a sign-up sheet that ensures an assortment of dishes to please everyone.
- A DIY party can minimize costs, something everyone will appreciate. One condition: plan ahead! Be sure that you have space to store, refrigerate, reheat and serve all that wonderful food.